WELCOME TO MY WORLD!

WELCOME TO MY WORLD!
This is a photo of one of our hamsters.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Driving

There was close call at my daughter's bus stop this morning. One of the parents who
allows barely enough (and sometimes *not* enough) time to drive her boys to the bus stop nearly hit the car of another parent. Now, I'm always careful to watch for this lady, because I know she arrives (driving carelessly) right at the nick of time for her boys to get on the bus. This morning, though, she almost took out the woman parked in front of me. Just as this woman began to pull away from the curb, the mom of the two boys sped over to pull in front of her at the corner (where there was *no* parking place, by the way). Fortunately, the woman in front of me was able to stop herself in time, but it must have been frightening! I'm wondering if it should be brought to the attention of Neigbhorhood Watch or something... This woman is an accident waiting to happen!

Other car things I don't like:

I don't like it when people cross streets or parking lots without looking for cars before and during their crossing. Indeed, they have the right of way, but the right of way won't matter much if they're hit and seriously injured or killed.

People talking on cell phones (or texting) while driving. They drive more slowly or too fast, because they're not paying attention to driving.

People who don't use their turn signals. How hard can it be to do this?

O.k., I'm off of my soapbox now...

No comments: